Cherry Angel Trifle dessert with delicious layers of angel meals cake, vanilla pudding, cherry pie filling, and whipped topping. So handy to make and ideal for potlucks and potlucks.
- 1 box Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
- Bake angel food cake according to package’s directions. Allow to cool and cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and sour cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in a layer.
- Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake.
- Place the remaining 1/2 of the cake on top of the pie filling.
- Spoon pudding over cake and spread evenly.
- Spoon and spread whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Garnish cake with the remaining pie filling and toasted almonds.
- Chill for about 4 to 5 hours. Cut into servings.
Serving: 9g | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 245mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 0.3mg