With this recipe, we descend into the deepest and oldest states of the United States. One of the basics of soul food.
Today’s version is much more traditional, less daring, but truly authentic.
The ingredients are very few and you may already have them, so follow the recipe:
To make the recipe a success, you must respect the cooking time and temperature, so follow the steps described below step by step. Likewise, the ingredients must also be carefully measured and prepared before starting the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Keywords: Bacardi Sweet Potato Pie, Potato Pie
So, for the recipe, you will need:
- sweeten condensed milk
- mashed sweet potatoes
- vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon Lemon extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar(you can add more if you like for your taste …but do it before adding eggs lol)
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well.
- Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, and cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt; mix well.
- Sprinkle cinnamon in pie shell and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Brush Bacardi Limon on the pie for special taste Store in the refrigerator.
- Leave Bacardi off if just want Old Fashioned traditional pie