If you’re looking for a healthy and tasty option that will save you the hassle of cooking after a meal, you can’t go wrong here !! This simple, yet delicious dish is very easy to make, just follow the recipe as directed and you’ll be a winner at dinner! The best thing about this Chicken and broccoli casserole is that everything is prepared and cooked in one! will definitely be in regular rotation
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
– Onion: 1 cup, about 250 g (chopped)
– Chicken breasts or thighs: ¾ pound (340 g) boneless, skinless, cut into small cubes
– Garlic: 2 or 3 cloves (minced)
– Olive oil: 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
– White rice: ½ cup (105 g) uncooked
– Cream of chicken: 10 ounces, about 295 ml (home or commercial)
– Chicken broth: 1 ¼ cup, about 315 ml (water is also fine)
– Broccoli florets: 1½ cup, about 375 g (fresh or frozen)
– Shredded cheese: 1½ (375 g) cup (cheddar or other melting cheese), divided
– Fresh parsley: 2 tablespoons, about 30 g (chopped)
– Salt, to taste
– Ground black pepper, to taste
METHOD OF WORK :
1. In a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil then add the chopped onion and cook until the onions are softened and translucent, it takes around 2 to 4 minutes.
2. You’ll want to add cubed chicken, salt, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes then add garlic and cook for a minute more.
3. After that, you need to add rice and cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add the cream of chicken and chicken broth or water and mix.
4. Make sure the rice mixture is brought to a boil at this stage. Reduce over low heat, Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is completely cooked. During this, you should check about halfway through to see if broth or water should be added and make sure the rice is not sticky.
5. Once you taste it, you can adjust the seasoning if necessary.
6. You can then add the broccoli florets and half of the grated cheese, stirring well to mix.
7. Cook until broccoli softens slightly, it takes around 1-2 minutes more.
8. Time done, you can remove pan from heat and garnish with remaining cheese.
9. And please place saucepan under the broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown slightly, it takes only few minutes.
10. Always remember to garnish with chopped parsley just before serving.