It is simple to produce and can be found in many recipes, such as homemade apple pie, and it tastes so much better than the packaged variety. Homemade Apple Pie Filling See the following short video demonstration to see how easy this recipe is!
There are tons of apples about with drops on the horizon. Create this simple recipe and enjoy the filling or just spoon it on your favorite ice cream in Pies, Danish!
It will take you just around 30 minutes to make this Homemade Apple Pie Filling really simple. The handmade one is so much stronger than the store-bought one that is frozen. It is much better since you can monitor the products, and know what is used for sure.
YOU WILL NEED THE INGREDIENTS BELOW:
• 4 C.Of of peeled apples, remove the core and dice them
• 3 C.Of water.
• 1+1/2 C.Of regular white sugar.
• 1/3 C.Of cornstarch.
• The juice of a small lemon.
• 1 tsp.Of ground cinnamon.
• 1/3 tsp.Of kosher salt.
• 1/4 tsp.Of ground nutmeg.
– STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
• Step 1 – Put the apples in a large bowl, add the lemon juice and mix well.
• Step 2 – Combine water, white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a large pot. Mix everything well.
• Step 3 – Add to a boil over medium heat. When it continues to simmer, count for two minutes.
• Step 4 – Add the diced apples, cover and boil for around 8 minutes.
• Step 5 – Pour in the mason jars. Seal in a hot water bath for 15 minutes or use it directly.
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!