Cinnamon and apple have a nice little friendship, don’t they? They lift each other up as only real friends do. And although they’re completely different when they’re apart, together they form an entity of their own flavor: apple-cinnamon. Just saying the word reminds one of the combinations of warm, cozy spice and soft, sweet apples. And this combination (with little chopped walnuts for a little crunch) is just the pair to flavor a simple everyday cake like this one.
- 2-1/2 cup flour
- 2-1/2 large chopped apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large spoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small spoon vanilla extract
- 1 small spoon baking powder
- 1 small spoon baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
How to make it:
- preheat oven to 350°.
- mix ingredients with the add addition of cinnamon until just combined and grease cake mold.
- fold in the apples, and pour batter the mixture into the pan bake for 45 minutes.
- it is better to serve with honey butter.