3 Tbls unsalted butter, melted
24 golden Oreos, divided
1¼ Cup strawberries, medium dice
1 Tbls sugar
1 Tbls water
2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
½ tsp cornstarch
8 oz cream cheese, softened
⅓ Cup sour cream
⅓ Cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden Oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
* Press crumbs into an 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper (or foil if you’re out of parchment paper!). Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, take out and let cool on the counter.
* Place strawberries in the pot with 1 Tbls sugar and 1 Tbls water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. You should stir this every few minutes.
* Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an additional minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
* Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and egg in food processor.
* Pulse until smooth and combined. Place on top of Oreo crust.
* Pour half of the strawberry sauce on top of cheesecake. Use remaining sauce however you wish, I like adding it to lemonade, yum! Bake at 325 degrees for 36 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
* Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the bars.
* Place in a fridge covered and let sit for at least 3 hours until cutting into squares.
* Take out of the pan and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!!