The best fruit salad with honey should be a side dish made with a beautiful mix of delicious fruits; kids will love this salad as it is an easy way to get them to eat a lot of fruit at once; we explain in this recipe how to make a fruit salad.
Fruit salad ingredients
- Strawberry: To choose a good strawberry, it should be a nice red color, and there are no dark spots.
- Pineapple: To choose a good pineapple, it should have a sweet smell of pineapple.
- Red grapes – To pick a good grape, presses a couple of them.
- Kiwi “is available in the market. Its price is different from one country to another, and of course, from one fruit merchant to another.”
- Mandarin oranges
- Bananas – optional “dispensable”.
- Lemon “gives flavor”.
How to prepare fruits for salad
- Each fruit must be washed separately, as there is one type of fruit that needs to be washed more than the other.
- It is necessary to cover the fruits while cutting others.
How to make the best fruit salad recipe
- Chop the fruits (except the blueberries) and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Get a small mixing bowl and blend honey, lime zest, and lemon juice.
- Then put the fruit on top immediately before serving and then toss it evenly.
Can I use frozen fruits in this recipe?
- For best results, use only fresh fruits.
- Frozen fruits are tender, once thawed, and watery, so, unfortunately, it won’t work the same way.
- Keep in mind that you can use other fruits in season as it is a versatile recipe.
Tips for a perfect fruit salad
- Use a variety of fruits.
- Use the ripe fruit.
- Buy pineapples and kiwis about a week in advance because they take time to ripen.