Poor Man’s Ground Beef Stew is a great “Crockpot dump”, and you can use any veggies you already have in your fridge
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.5 lbs (about 3) potatoes diced large
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Brown ground beef and drain. Set aside
- Chop Potatoes, Onion, and Carrots.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together tomato paste, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and oregano.
- Add all ingredients to crockpot then fill them with water or broth.. Mix well and cook on low for 7 hours. Remember, it’s like an oven, if you lift the cover your food will take longer to cook.
- Serve and Enjoy! Tip: We love to eat with fresh bread (great for dipping)! It also tastes wonderful topped with shredded cheddar cheese!
Our recipe makes about 5 servings. The nutritional value below is for 1/5 of the recipe. Nutritional values are approximate.
If you require a special diet, please use your own calculations
This sounds really yummy. I’m going to make this.