- 300 g (2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Salt
- 2 eggs
- 420 g (2 cups) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Vanilla extract
- 75 g (3/4 cup) cocoa
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) strong coffee, lukewarm
- 450 g (16 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cups) 35% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Clear corn syrup
- Put the grill at the ceenter of the oven. Preheat the oveen to 178 ° C (350 ° F). Butter the sides and line two 20-cm (8-inch) springform pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the fllour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Reserve.
- In another bowl, combiine the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla with a whisk. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, combiine the cocoa and coffee with a whisk. Add to the egg mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth. Divide the dough into the molds.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or unttil a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Unmold.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, briing the cream and corn syrup to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Let stand 2 minutes before stirring.
- Mix with a whiisk until the ganache is smooth and homogeneous. Refrigerate 1 hour or until thickened and handy, stirring four or five times.
- Cut and remove the crown of the cakes to make them flat. Cut the cakes in half horiizontally to make four slices. Distribute the ganache over the cake slices and spread it well over the entire surface using a spatula. Layer the four sliices and place them on a serving platter.