- 1 Bag Dry Pinto Beans
- 1 Small Package Country Ham Pieces
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 1 Batch Cornbread (Your Choice)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- The night before you plan to eat your meal, place your pinto beans in a large bowl and cover with water. Let sit overnight.
- The next morning, drain beans and place in the crockpot along with chopped onions and country ham pieces. Fill crockpot with an inch or 2 of water above the beans. Let cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare your cornbread of choice. Season beans with salt and pepper once they have been cooking and their lines have disappeared.
- To serve, pour beans over cornbread and let the juices soak in.
You’ll notice that a couple of my pictures have sour cream on them. That was something new I was trying. Some people like sour cream on their pinto beans so I thought I’d try it out. It was eh to me. I could take it or leave it really.
Sometimes I even place my cornbread down in a mug and pour the beans over it in the mug. This is honestly one of the best ways to eat it!