- 1 ¾ cup (430 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 9 ml (2 tsp.) Baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml (¼ cup) cocoa
- 550 ml (2 cups) brown sugar
- 70 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- 240 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 250 ml (1 cup) of milk
- 115 g (4 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cocoa
- 60 ml (¼ cup) softened butter
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) icing sugar
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) pecans, toasted and chopped
- Put the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 260 ° C (280° F). Butter and line a 43 x 30-cm (17 x 12-inch) cookie sheet with parchment paper. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and bakiing powder. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the milk, chocolate, cocoa, butter and icing sugar to a boil. Let boil 30 seconds, stirring continuously. Add the pecans.
- Spread the icing over the cake right out of the oven. Let cool completely.
Texas Sheet Cake is a cake traditionally baked on a cookie sheet. Its soft texture and the main ingredients that compose it (chocolate, cocoa, pecans) are reminiscent of brownies.