Serve them as an appetiizer or as a side dish and expect lots of compliments!
These mini oven-roasted potatoes with a Parmesan garnish never go unnoticed.
- 750 g / 1.5 lb small potatoes, halved (about 20-24 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons (15 ml) olive oil (and a little more)
- 1/2 cup / 50 g finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25 mL) salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) sour cream (or plain yogurt, or a combination of both)
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) finely chopped green onions or shallots, plus more for garnish
Preheat the oven to 215 ° C / 400 ° F.
In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the Parmesan mixture.
Pour oil into the bottom of a glass baking dish. Scatter the parmesan mixture with a spoon.
Place the potatoes on the parmesan, cut side down, pressing down firmly.
Optional: Drizzle the top of the potatoes with a touch of oil, then sprinkle with salt.
Bake the potatoes for 36 to 40 minutes or until tender, and the Parmesan crust is golden brown.
Let sit for 5 minutes. Then remove the potatoes with a spatula and place them on a plate.
Serve with dipping sauce if desired and sprinkle with green onions.