I made This 7 Up Pound Cake for a family reunion and as always came out perfectly. Can’t say enough about it. I would suggest jazzing up the flavor by adding a seven up and powered sugar glaze. Enjoy!!
– 1 1/2 C Butter, softened
– 3 C Sugar
– 5 Eggs
– 1 tspn Vanilla Extract
– 2 tspn of Almond Extract (You can use Lemon instead)
– 3 cups of All-purpose Flour
– 1 cup of Sprite, 7-UP, Or Sierra Mist
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and make sure to add sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for a minute before adding and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
3. Please continue to beat for an additional 4 minutes when all the sugar is added then add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix after each addition.
4. Add the extracts and mix well.
5. Now you should be adding the flour and soda alternately, starting and ending with the flour and mix well after each addition and continuing to scrape the sides of the bowl.
6. Pour into a greased Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until the cake is firm.
7. And this will fill two pans if using a loaf pan. Bake until the cake is firm, about 50 to 60 minutes.