5 stars recipe!! My mom used to make us these cute cookiese and now I! Altough they were a lot of work, everyone complimented me and said how they worth all the work that went into them.
– 1/2 package (8 oz) cream cheese
– 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
– 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
– 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
– 2 jars (10 oz) of maraschino cherries, drained
1. stir the shortening and cream cheese together in a medium bowl until well blended then stir in the flour and form a dough using your hands to help if needed. You may want to add a couple of teaspoons of water if the mixture seems too dry. Once done, cover and chill several hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
3. It’s best to dust the rolling surface heavily with powdered sugar before rolling out the dough. Please roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 1×4 inch strips.
4. Place on the end of each strip a cherry. When rolling up each strip, start with the cherry then place on prepared cookie sheets and dust with a little of the powdered sugar.
5. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should brown slightly. Make sure to dust again with the powderd sugar. Let cookies cool before serving, the cherries are very hot!