Looks yummy and delicious !! Grandma used to make this pie. I made it today and brought back so many wonderful memories of my grandma. I will defnitely prepare it again for thanksgiving to surprise my mom.
– 1 to 3/4 C. of sugar
– 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 C.) room temp.
– 3 large eggs
– 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
– A small pinch of salt
– 3 T. all purpose flour
– 1 C. of buttermilk
– 1 9″ of pie shell, unbaked
1. Cream the sugar and butter together until well blended, then beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is nice and smooth.
2. Now, add in the vanilla, salt and flour and beat in the buttermilk until well combined.
3. On a baking sheet lined with foil (catches any overflow), place the pie shell.
4. Next, make sure to fill the pie shell with the buttermilk mixture, just to the top of the shell. Immediately pour any remaining into an ungreased custard cup.
5. Once done, bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes.
6. Finally, you may want to remove from the oven and let set until almost cooled before serving. And please store covered in the fridge.