FOR THE DOUGH:
- 280 g graham crackers
- 50 g of pecans
- 8 c. tablespoon of butter
- 1.5 tbsp. Coffee vanilla extract
FOR GARNISH :
- 3 x 225 g cream cheese
- 330 g sugar
- 1.5 c. Coffee vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 12 cl of sour cream
FOR THE ICING:
- 110 g full-bodied sugar
- 6 c. tablespoon of butter
- 1 can of sweetened condeensed milk (approx. 400 g)
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons corn syrup or Golden Syrup
- 1 C. Coffee vanilla extract
- salt flakes
1. For the dough; preheat the oven to 168 ° C. Line the bottom of a greased 22 x 33 cm rectangular mold with baking paper.
2. Mix the crackers with the pecans to obtain a shortbread. Add the melted butter and vanilla and continue to pulse the device to mix everything well. Tamp in the bottom of the mold.
3. For the garnish; whip the cream cheese with a mixer with the sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs 1 to 1, beating well each time, then finally the sour cream. Pour over the dough and bake for 50 min. Turn off the oven and open the door, leaving the cheesecake to stand for 15 minutes. Take it out of the oveen and let it cool for 1 hour.
4. For the caramel icing; put the whole sugar and the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and mix wiith a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk, corn syrup, vanilla and bring to a boil. Keep stirring constantly. Place a sugar thermometer and continue to cook at a boil until reaching 105 ° C. Remove from the heat and let cool for 6 minutes before pouring over the cheesecake.
5. Leave to set for 2 hours then cut squares with a large knife. Arrange on a plate and place a pinch of salt on each square.
Tip = you can replace corn syrup or Golden Syrup with honey.