Great grandma’s coconut cream pie recipe this pie will bring you back to your childhoud they are one of the best pies ever , easy to prepare , you have to follow the following method
1 c milk
1 c sweetened, flaked coconut
1 c light cream
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1 pie crust.
8 oz whipped cream
1. Bake pie crust according to directions on package and cool completely.
2. Place milk and light cream in a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. cold water to corn starch. Stir well.
4. In a bowl beat egg yolks until they are light. Add the corn starch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
5. Add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand 30 minutes.
8. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or until set.
9. Remove plastic wrap. Cover with whipped cream.