You have to do it a day in advance for frosted cranberries, which require 12 hours of drying. The ganache, for its part, needs to spend a night in the refrigerator. Finally, baking is like chemistry: for results without surprises, all the ingredients must be measured with a precise scale.
* Ingredients :
° 190 g unsalted butter
° 500 g of granulated white sugar
° 120 g brown sugar
° 6 eggs
° 220 g buttermilk
° 130 g of vegetable oil
° 5 g of vanilla extract
° 370 g all-purpose flour
° 8 g of baking powder
° 8 g of salt
- Preheat oven at 180 ° C .
- Butter and line a 30 40 cm half baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, make the brown butter by heating 80 g of butter slowly, until it takes on a golden color. Immediately pour into a bowl to stop cooking. Reserve.
- In a bowl, cream the remaining 110 g of butter with the two sugars, using the paddle of an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- At low speed, gradually add the brown butter with a mixer.
- Progressively whisk in eggs,. strum sides of bowl regularly.
- At low speed, drizzle in the oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Increase the speed and blend for 5 minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the half baking sheet and spread out well. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the plate after 15 minutes of cooking. Let cool completely.
- Run a small knife around the edges of the baking sheet to release the cake and turn the cake over on the table. Using a 6 inch cake pan and a small, sharp knife, cut out 4 circles. Reserve.