Sometimes we find ourselves at home watching movies or sharing with family and friends, and we crave a delicious but easy-to-prepare dish, and we remember that delicious, soft and crispy fried chicken that they prepare in American homes on weekends … well, And that craving will not remain unfulfilled because with this recipe for southern fried chicken you will be able to surprise everyone.
- 4 units of Chicken legs
- 1 cup of wheat flour (140 grams)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 unit of Egg
- 1 pinch of salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 1 pinch of dried thyme
- To prepare this recipe, the first thing you should do is list all the ingredients for this typical dish of southern American cuisine.
- In a large paper bag, place the flour and dried thyme.
- Place the previously seasoned chicken pieces and close the bag; shake it very hard so that the pieces are well floured.
- Then pass the chicken through the beaten egg and finally through the breadcrumb, make sure it is well covered by the crumb.
- Finally, fry the chicken pieces in abundant oil by boiling them until they are golden brown. This will take approximately 35 minutes.
- For the sauce, mix the honey with the mustard until integrated.
- Serve your southern fried chicken and accompany it with the sweet and sour mustard sauce. And if you like American recipes, I recommend you try the American fried chicken sandwich. If you liked this recipe or have any questions, leave us your comments.