This simple and satisfying, melt in your mouth shortbread cookies recipe you’ll quite likely find irresistible!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter unsalted butter, at room temperature 142g
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt optional
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and vanilla extract until creamed.
- Add confectioners sugar and salt; mix until combined.
- Scrape bowl down and add flour while beating on low. Scrape bowl once more and mix until combined.
- Shape the dough into a rectangular prism, wrap in plastic and chill until firm. At least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Use a sharp knife to cut 1/2 inch thick slices
- Place slices, spaced at least an inch apart onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Use a fork or skewer to indent a pattern onto the top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, rotating baking sheet in the oven halfway through.
- Transfer to a wire sheet to cool.
Serving: 31g | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.3g | Protein: 1.6g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 13.6mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.4mg