This three ingredient candy tastes so impressive no one will believe how easy it is to make! Whip up a batch of Cool Whip Candy for the holidays, as a gift for a friend of just to treat yourself.
- 2 packages (11 oz each) Milk Chocolate morsels
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 24 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips for one minute. Stir and microwave again for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. (if needed, heat another 15 seconds). Allow to sit and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, fold together gently the cooled, melted chocolate with Cool Whip. As you combine them, the chocolate may harden into tiny bits. That’s perfectly normal, keep gently folding until all the chocolate and Cool Whip has been combined. Pour into baking dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut into 36 squares. Place candy on parchment paper lined baking sheet and return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Remove candy from freezer and dip into melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and allow to set.
- Store candy in freezer until ready to serve. Best served cold. Can be stored up to 30 days!
- Can also be shaped into truffles. After combining cool whip and chocolate, drop by tablespoon on parchment paper sheet. Freeze for an hour then dip into melted chocolate wafers. ENJOY.
- Use good quality chocolate morsels, I choose Ghirardelli since they taste good and melt smooth.
- The taste of these candies reminds me of Three Muskateers!