Easy Overnight Slow Cooker Apple Butter
I originally shared this recipe for Slow Cooker Apple Butter back in October of 2013 when I only had one baby and we had an abundance of fresh apples every Fall from our apple tree.
Fast forward seven years and we’ve moved to a new location with no mature apple trees and now have three babies. Oh how time flies.
Anyway, enough reminiscing, this recipe is so easy and delicious and was in dire need of a refresh in order for new readers to discover it’s goodness.
Cook time: 12 Hr Prep time: 30 Min Serves: makes approx six cups
5 1/2 lb apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla — optional
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place the chopped apples in the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients, stir to blend well.
2. cover and cook on high for one hour
3. reduce heat to low and cook 10-11 hours, stir occasionally. Until mixture is thickened and dark brown.
4. Uncover and continue cooking on low for 1 hour. Stir with whisk if desired to increase the smoothness
5. Spoon mixture into clean freezer containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze
6. **** You can add more sugar (up to 4 cups) but I like mine just a little tart but still sweet. I don’t think I would ever use more than 2 cups even if the Apples are tart.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!