- Russet potatoes: 3 pounds (medium)
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Yellow mustard: 1/4 cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 teaspoons
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Onion powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweet pickle relish: 1/4 cup
- Celery: 1 stalk, chopped
- Sweet onion: 1/2, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs: 4 (3 chopped and 1 sliced)
How To Make SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD
1. To start off the recipe, go ahead and cut each potato in half then place in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
2. You’ll want to add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, or until fork tender all the way through. And please drain well.
3. Once drained, permit cooled and then peel and discard the skins.
4. Then, you’re going to get a large bowl and place in potatoes. Using a knife, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
5. After that, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and onion powder in a small bowl. Make sure this mixture is poured over potatoes and mix in well.
6. Immediately add relish, celery, onion, and the chopped eggs and mix in well. You can then Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Alright now, go ahead and top with sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. And that’s it, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for no less than 4 hours.