This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a good comfort food 😋 😋 😋 Follow my simple instructions as directed and make this easy treat today! What I really love about this recipe is that everybody can cook this, so get a potato and make a pancake! !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– Baking potato: 1 large
– Onion: 1 small
– All-purpose flour: 1/4 cup
– Egg: 1 large (lightly beaten)
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Freshly ground pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
– Vegetable oil, for frying
LET’S MAKE IT :
1. You should peel the potato and onion and coarsely shred them into strips before you begin. (I prefer a food processor, but you could also use the grater on the mandoline or a box grater.) Squeeze the vegetables as dry as possible with a cheesecloth or a colander. And please let stand for 120 seconds, then squeeze dry again.
2. Then you’re going to get a large bowl and whisk in the flour, egg, salt and pepper together. Make sure the potato onion mixture is stirred in until all pieces are evenly coated.
3. Next, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a medium skillet until simmering. At this point, you’l want to drop small circles of the potato mixture into the skillet. If necessary, you may need to flat them with the back of a spoon.
4. Alright now, cook over moderately high heat for 1-1/2 minutes, or until the edges are golden. And please flip and cook for 1 minute, or until golden on the bottom.
5. Finally, drain excess oil on paper towels. Always remember to repeat with the remaining potato mixture, but adding more oil to the skillet as needed. If you want all latkes hot and ready to go at the same time, you can keep finished ones heated in the oven at 200 °F while you’re making the rest.