This homemade chicken pot pie is one of the most comforting of all comfort food recipes of all time..This show-stopping dish is homey, cozy and will warm you up plus, super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike !!
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOEING INGREDINETS :
– Potato: 1 cup (diced)
– Onion: 1 cup (diced)
– Celery: 1 cup (diced)
– Carrot: 1 cup (diced)
– Margarine: 1/3 cup (melted)
– All-purpose flour: 1/2 cup
– Chicken broth: 2 cups
– Half-and-half: 1 cup
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
– Chicken: 4 cups (cooked and chopped)
– Pie crusts: 2 (store bought, but I refer my own recipe)
LET’S MAKE IT :
1. To start with, adjust your oven’s temperature to 400°F then saute together onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine about 10 minutes.
2. You’ll want to add flour to sauteed mixture and stir well. And please cook for 60 seconds stirring constantly.
3. Yo can then combine broth and half and half and stir gradually into vegetable mixture.
4. Okay now, you ned to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Always remember to stir in salt and pepper then add chicken and stir well.
5. Finally, pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells and then bake until crust is golden and flaky, it takes around 30-40 minutes.