“Learn how to easily make funnel cupcakes at home! Crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Even better than funnel cakes! Three great sauces!”
I hereby declare that funnel cake bites are much better than regular funnel cakes. So be it. Let him write. Trustworthy. Jesus cried.
In all seriousness, though guys, the funnel cake bites gave me life, hopes, and dreams this weekend! I made an ancient large batch of these golden, delicate, deities nuggets, and covered them in powdered sugar and had to stop myself from eating a dozen. I only had twelve.
I love funnel cakes! Especially when the oil is heated up in the tubes and they still have that slight crunch to the outside. Someone has to seriously learn how to make these things healthy because they are losing big money! These funnel cake bites are so light and gentle that they’re almost unfair.
Then I had the audacity to make three different sauces to go with it. SMH. I knew better. I really did but I did anyway.
° EGG : 1
° Milk : 2 c
° Flour : 2 c
° Melted Butter : 1/3
° Brown sugar : 2 tbsp.
° Vanilla : 2 tsp.
° Baking soda: 1 teaspoon.
° Sea salt: a pinch
- To start with, choose a medium bowl and mix the milk, an egg, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- You’ll want to add sugar, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Gently fold the flour until the mixture is smooth.
- Once it is done, pour the mixture into a gallon ziplock bag. And please set it aside for a few minutes.
- Then pour the oil into a frying pan until it is about half an inch deep.
- Raise the temperature for about 2 minutes, then lower it to a medium heat.
- Always check the oil by dropping a small drop of the mixture into the oil. Once it starts showing bubbles along the edges, it will set. If not, it’s best to turn it back on a little bit before it’s hot and bland.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag with scissors. Well now sprinkle the mixture slowly over two rings, then cook until the bottom half is golden.
- Then, flip it gently with a slotted metal spoon, and cook again until the bottom half is golden brown.
- To finish, be sure to sprinkle powdered sugar and place it on paper towels to drain the grease.