- 2 and a half cups (625 ml) lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 cups (1500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) softened butter
- Pour 2 cup of hot water into a large bowl. Add the yeast and sugar. Let stand for 5/4 minutes, until the yeast reacts. If it doesn’t, throw it away and go buy some new yeast.
- Add the remaining water and half of the flour. Mix well.
- Add the reest of the flour, salt and butter. Beat with your blender or do it by hand.
- Knead for about 8 minutes. Form a ball. Return to the bowl.
- Cover and wait 1 hour and a half, until doubled in size.
- Thoroughly grease two 4 x 8 loaf pans.
- Defllate the dough with your fist and knead again for a few minutes.
- Put in the molds. Cover and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 368 ° F (187 ° C). Put the grid in the middle.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Leave to rest.
- And There you go! Eat the first and the second freezes very well 🙂
Notes on yeast:
You can replace traditional yeast with instant yeast.
If you want to use fresh yeast, it will take you 2 and a half tablespoons.
Thank you 🙂