- 1 cup Spanish onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 potato, finely diced
- Kernels from 4 ears of corrn (about 2 cups) (frozen corn may also work)
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooking cream, 15% or 35%
- A handful of kale (kale), chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
In a pot, soften the onion in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic then continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes, corn, bacon (keep some for presentation), and broth. Season well then simmer for 15 minutes.
Add cream and kale then simmer for another 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning then serve with a little bacon and kale to garnish.