Seriously, you are recommended to make these. Yep, the chocolate melts easy and stays melted for as long. Much quicker!!! You have to try the recipe this way.
– 1½ cups peanut butter
– 1 cup butter, softened
– ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 6 cups of powdered sugar
– 4 cups of semisweet chocolate chips (You can also use chocolate candy coating if you like)
1. Using wax paper, line a large tray or baking sheet.
2. Combine together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and butter in a large bowl, stirring until well blended.
3. Once blended, roll the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Into the top of each ball, press a toothpick (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
5. In microwave, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute.
6. Dip each peanut butter ball in chocolate using the toothpick as a handle.
7. Then you need to leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes.
8. On wax paper, you can place chocolate covered peanut butter balls and remove the toothpick.
9. Now that the peanut butter has softened, use a finger to smooth over the hole from the toothpick.
10. Finally, refrigerate, until chocolate is set and make sure store in refrigerator until eating or gifting.