This is a simple, light and fluffy cinnamon Cinnamon Apple Cake! Perfect, especially this time of the year.
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLWING INGREDIENTS :
– 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
– 1 cup (approximately 1 large) red apple, peeled and roughly chopped
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
– 120 ml (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
– 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
– 30 grams (1/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
– 1–2 tablespoons milk
1. To start with, preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced and grease and line an 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
2. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together in a large mixing bowl then add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
3. Pick another bowl and add in eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt then whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
4. Afterwards, you may add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, gently mix until combined, do not to over mix, then spoon batter into prepared tin.
5. To make cinnamon topping, combine together cinnamon, sugar and butter and mix until lumpy and wet. Immediately, sprinkle over cake batter.
6. Now please bake cake until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. Once done, transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Make sure to mix together sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk to make the glaze. Stir until smooth. You may add an extra tablespoon of milk if the glaze is too thick. Finally, drizzle glaze all over the cake.