Hi everyone! Me again with another recipe to add to your favorite Tried and True series. We’re really revving up the recipes for you, so you have plenty of options come Holiday time. Before I get crazy with all that is involved with the Fall season, the hubs and I are heading out of town (celebrating 10 years). Our long awaited, first time ever, vacation without the kids. I’m excited and scared all at once. However, my amazing parents are taking over parental duties with the kiddos, and I couldn’t be more grateful, knowing that they are in very good hands. I’m trying to prepare as much as possible to help alleviate the load on them. I would love to have a few meals ready for her to pull out of the freezer, for a quick, delicious dinner. Which brings me to your amazing recipe for the BEST mac and cheese recipe!
Macaroni is always a quick and easy go to when you cant think of anything to make for dinner. The kids never complain and its nice to not have to deal with whining at the dinner table. Well, have you ever made homemade Macaroni and Cheese? If not, today needs to be the day! We wanted to try a homemade version, and I’m so glad we did because this was the BEST macaroni and cheese recipe ever!! So cheesy and so easy – it’s great for dinner any night or for that great side dish at Thanksgiving!
- 3 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 (370 mL/12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp paprika
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and macaroni, and cook until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add in the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the evaporated milk, milk, eggs and garlic salt until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cheeses.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Layer 1/3 of the macaroni, then 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Pour the milk mixture over top. Sprinkle the paprika evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.