Fast and Easy and so good!! It makes a perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert Cake!!! a zesty, lemony and fresh cake. Try it soon and tell me what do you think.
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
– Zest of 2 lemons (approx 2 tbsps)
– 1 tsp. of vanilla
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Sift i a bowl flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Once beaten, mix in together the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest.
3. Now, mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture then mix in the buttermilk and add in the remaining flour mixture, mixing just until the flour disappears. Pour the cake batter into a bundt pan that has been generously sprayed with baking spray.
4. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 70-80 minutes then remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over on a cake platter. To make the glaze soak into the cake, spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake. Let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake.
– 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 3 tsp. lemon juice, at room temperature
All you need to do is whisking the powdered sugar and lemon juice together and mix until the glaze is smooth.
#Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
– 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1 tbsp. lemon zest
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
Simply mix all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.