Creamy casserole of corn and beef combined with crispy tater tots is a great family meal. This Cowboy casserole is going to drive the kids crazy!
– 1 bag of frozen tater tots.
– 1 pound and half of ground beef.
– 1 medium onion, chopped.
– 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
– 1 medium can of drained whole kernel corn.
– 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
– 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded.
– 1/2 cup of milk.
– 4 tablespoons of sour cream.
Before you start preparing the casserole you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
– STEP 1: In a large skillet, cook the onion and mix in the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute.
– STEP 2: Stir in the ground beef and cook till browned, over medium heat. Drain the fat and move it to a large tub.
– STEP 3: In a small bowl, mix the soup, with milk and sour cream until well incorporated then pour over the hamburger mixture and mix. Add the kernel corn and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the mixture.
– STEP 4: Layer half of the crispy crowns on the bottom of the dish and place all the hamburger mixture on top. Add another layer of tater tots and top with the remaining cheese. Then bake it for 30 to 35 minutes.
Quick, peasant, and cheesy! Both ground beef and sour cream go well with the Tatras. You should try it!!