A classic and easy peach pie, just the right spices and sweetness. Follow my instructions and you’ll be in heaven! This Southern staple is perfect for summer and ready in no time !!
YOU’LL NEED :
– Dough rolls: 2 (for 9″ pies)
– Egg: 1 (beaten)
– Peaches: 5 cups (peeled and sliced)
– Fresh lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
– All-purpose flour: 1/2 cup
– Sugar: 1 cup
– Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
– Nutmeg: 1/4 teaspoon
– Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
– Butter: 2 tablespoons
1. Start your oven to preheat to 450°F (230°C) then line a 9″ pie pan with a pastry shell. To prevent the pie from getting soggy later, brush with a little beaten egg.
2. Then you’re going to get a large bowl and place in peach slices. Immediately sprinkle with lemon juice and mix gently.
3. You’ll want to mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in another bowl. Next, you need to pour over the peaches and mix gently then pour into pie crust and sprinkle with butter.
4. After that, you need to cover with the other dough roll and fold the contours under the edge of the lower crust.
5. Press all the way around the crust to seal the two layers with fingers or a fork. And please brush the pie with the remaining beaten egg. Allow steam to escape by making a few incisions in the center of the crust.
6. Once done, bake for 10 minutes. Time done, you need to reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C). Do not stop baking until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling through the incisions in the center of the crust, it takes around 30 to 35 minutes more.
7. You may want to cover with foil strips midway through baking if pie edges bake too quickly. Always remember to permit cooled before serving. I always enjoy this pie when it is warm than hot.