These sweet and delicious strawberry cheesecake filled chimichangas are quick and easy to make! I made them for my boyfriend for date night and he gave me an engagement ring after he tries them ❤️❤️❤️.
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 6 (8-inch) of flour tortillas, soft
– 8 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
– 2 Tablespoon of sour cream
– 1 Tablespoon of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 3/4 cups of strawberries, sliced
– Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Make sure to beat cream cheese, sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract together and then fold in 3/4 cup of sliced fresh strawberries.
2. Next, divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas and slather the filling in the lower third of each tortilla, fold the two sides of each tortilla toward the centre and then roll the tortilla up like a burrito (secure it with a toothpicks!)
3. Now, use paper towels to line a large plate.
4. And please lace about 2 -2½ inch vegetable oil for frying in about 5 inch deep saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat until it reaches 360ºF.
5. Fry the chimichangas for 2 to 3 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy) and flip them as needed (work in batches). Once done, transfer to the paper towel on a plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
6. SUGAR COATING: Pick a shallow bowl and combine in 1/3 cup of sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and set aside.